For Synopsys Chile, we are looking for R&D Engineer Senior. At Synopsys, you’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And they’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share their passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a R&D Engineer position:
- The candidate will be responsible for developing, applying, and maintaining quality standards for company products. Develops and executes software test plans detecting the issues and their root causes. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- The candidate will be joining the PV (Product Validation) Chile Team. The team works on the validation of the Synopsys tools used for RTL Synthesis, Test, Physical Implementation (Place and Route), Formal Verification and Sign-off. We are responsible of the quality of the tools and we focus on the stability, performance, usability and QoR (Quality of Results). The team interacts daily with colleagues and internal/external customers in different parts of the world (mainly US and China).
- This position is specifically to work on Fusion Compiler tool, the Singular RTL-to-GDSII Digital Implementation Solution of Synopsys
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Electronics or equivalent with 0 – 6 years of experience in software testing.
- Knowledge in scripting and programming languages.
- Knowledge in GNU/Linux environment.
- Knowledge in digital systems.
- Very good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Knowledge in one scripting language (TCL, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Knowledge in one programming language (C, C++, C#, Java, etc.)
- Knowledge in one GNU/Linux shell (Bash, CSH, TCSH, KSH, etc.)
- Knowledge in one RTL language (Verilog, VHDL, etc.)
- Experience working with worldwide cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Indefinite contract.
- A very pleasant and professionally challenging environment, with standards of leading US companies.
- For now, this job is remote. Later, it will be at its offices located in Vitacura, Santiago.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to them. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.