For Synopsys Chile, we are looking for R&D Engineer Senior. At Synopsys, you’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And they’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share their passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Their Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips—faster. They’re the world’s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And they design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. They enable their customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
We are looking for R&D Engineer Senior position, responsibles for designing, developing, troubleshooting, or debugging software programs. Develops software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and internet-related tools, etc. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Designs algorithms and data structures. Has strong desires to learn and explore new technologies and demonstrates good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Prior knowledge and experience of CAD tool development are required.
- Possesses a solid understanding of specialization area plus working knowledge of one other related area. Resolves issues in creative ways.
- Exercises independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
- Executes projects from start to completion.
- Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project.
- Determines and develops recommendations to solutions.
- Works on team-driven or task-oriented projects.
- May guide more junior peers with aspects of their job.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Experience in programming software for operating systems, utilizing machine assembly and/or job control languages, and some knowledge of software capabilities.
- Experience on development of complex software projects, familiarity with C/C++ coding, and a strong background in data structures and algorithms.
- Indefinite contract.
- A very pleasant and professionally challenging environment, with standards of leading US companies.
- For now, this job is remote. Later, it will be at its offices located in Vitacura, Santiago.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to them. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.