For Synopsys Chile, we are looking for R&D Engineer. At Synopsys, you’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And they’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share their passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Their Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips—faster. They’re the world’s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And they design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. They enable their customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
We are looking for R&D Engineer to join their team. The candidate will be responsible for developing, applying, and maintaining quality standards for company products. Develops and executes software test plans detecting the issues and the root causes in some cases. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Electronics or equivalent with 0 – 3 years of experience in software testing
- Knowledge in programming languages
- Knowledge in digital systems
- Knowledge in UNIX/Linux environment
- Very good analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Good communication skills in English
- Knowledge in one scripting language (TCL, Python, Perl) is plus
- Knowledge in one programming language (C, C++, C#, Java) is advantage
- Knowledge in transistor-level design and SPICE simulators is advantage
- Experience working with worldwide cross-functional teams is desired
- Knowledge of software development processes is desired
- Indefinite contract.
- A very pleasant and professionally challenging environment, with standards of leading US companies.
- For now, this job is remote. Later, it will be at its offices located in Vitacura, Santiago.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to them. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.