For Synopsys Chile, we are looking for R&D Engineer. At Synopsys, you’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And they’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share their passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Their Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips—faster. They’re the world’s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And they design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. They enable their customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
We are looking for R&D Applications Engineer position. You will be an integral member of the product engineering team focused on shaping the direction and development of physical synthesis products at Synopsys.
As a Product Engineer (PE) you will collaborate with R&D, field sales/support teams and key customers on leading edge front-end physical synthesis products and chip design customer flows. You will evaluate and understand digital design implementation challenges and needs, and provide feedback to define and shape the product roadmap. You will be responsible for creating requirement specifications to drive product innovation and developing methodology/usage roll out and support collateral. As a product expert, you will also drive and provide proactive technical support, primarily to internal customers (field application engineering team) and occasionally directly to Synopsys customers, during product evaluation, deployment as well as post-sales activities.
You will work in close collaboration across cross functional and cross product global teams on a regular basis to ensure alignment and completeness of a full flow design methodology. Occasional traveling is required.
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Good scripting (Python/Perl/Tcl) skills and must be conversant with UNIX;
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a plus
- Good knowledge of digital electronics concepts and familiarity with ASIC design flow, and/or VLSI design methodologies is required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, technology-driven environment and strong motivation to continuously learn and apply advanced digital design concepts and best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to clearly narrow down and summarize findings
- Experience with HDL (Verilog/VHDL) and Electronic Design Automation products in the area of synthesis and physical implementation, especially with Synopsys, Cadence, or Mentor tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to interface with customers and product team
- Ability to multi-task and work in close collaboration across cross functional and global team environments
- Indefinite contract.
- A very pleasant and professionally challenging environment, with standards of leading US companies.
- For now, this job is remote. Later, it will be at its offices located in Vitacura, Santiago.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to them. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.