For Synopsys, we are looking for a Quality Supervisor.
About the job:
- CATS is market leading software that reads design data formats, applies geometric modifications, and produces machine formats that are used to drive e-beam writers, metrology and inspection equipment. CATS can operate on single core, or distributed across thousands of cores. Input and output data size can range from kilobytes to terabytes. Dependencies on input data and HW infrastructure create unique test challenges.
- Verify release candidates are ready for production use
- Feature testing and bug fix validation will require frequent interaction with R&D and corporate application engineers (CAE)
- Improve product test automation.
- Communicate with globally distributed R&D, QA and CAE engineers to ensure high software quality
- Supervise a local team of quality engineers
- Review test specification documents to ensure adherence to templates and completeness wrt a project
- Ensure the team can operate efficiently
- Be the first contact point for questions and issues and help resolve any issues, technical and inter-personal
- Lead the design and activities of specific projects
- Cooperate with the development team on continuous improvement activities (methodologies, checklist, working instructions)
- Determines test approaches and parameters.
- Mentor and train engineers
- Performs other related responsibilities as required.
- Authority: Supervises operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates. Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Typically requires some previous professional experience. Knowledge base generally acquired from a college degree or equivalent course training
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
- Experience with Unix is required
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl, C-shell, etc. is strongly desired
- Motivated, independent and self-organized team worker with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems analytically
- Ability to lead and coordinate a local team up to 5 engineers
- Experience in black box testing concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of SQL and data base principles
- Understanding of testing and product development lifecycles
- Understanding of version control systems (e.g. CVS, Subversion, Git, Perforce)
- Knowledge of principles of grids (SGE/UGE) is an advantage
- Knowledge of MS Office tools like Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- White box testing experience is an added advantage
- Understanding of benchmarking principles in SW and HW areas is a benefit
- Understanding of software test automation tools is a plus
- Prior supervisor or management experience
- Knowledge of C/C++ and TCL
- Indefinite contract.
- A very pleasant and professionally challenging environment, with standards of leading US companies.