For Synopsys Chile, we are looking for IT Support with a solid understanding of Engineering IT PC support as well as working knowledge of another related area.
At Synopsys, they're at the heart of the innovation that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars, Artificial Intelligence, The Cloud, 5G, The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And they're powering it all with the world's most advanced technologies for chip design and software security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides day-to-day technical support to local and remote employees for internal desktop systems software and hardware.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstation and servers in a heterogeneous environment.
- Responsible for timely resolution of problems or escalation on behalf of customer to appropriate technical personnel.
- Develops, documents and implements standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to remote IT support.
- Maintains passwords, data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment.
- Provides case and project status updates to management and end-users.
- Responsible for in country mobile device management including purchase, deployment and support of devices as well as partnering with the mobile computing team as a point of contact for our in-country mobile vendor.
- Responsible for in-country purchasing processes for IT related equipment.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Fully proficient with the Windows client and server operating systems.
- General knowledge of the Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Familiarity with Virtualization products and their implementation and support.
- Familiarity with basic data center operations tasks.
- Has working knowledge of the mobile wireless technologies environment and operating systems (iOS, Androids and Blackberry).
- Thorough understanding of PC computer hardware and efficient troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to recognize inefficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with internal customers.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Ability to lead and participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
- Ability to conduct training programs designed to educate colleagues and other teams within IT as well as end users in basic and specialized applications.
- Basic understanding of networking and UNIX software engineering environments.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to them. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.