For a Chilean consulting company, we are looking for Devops Engineers with experience in some of the cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure), to join teams that serve one of their clients in the US.
The Engineering team believes in:
- Reducing scope: the best way to ship more stuff is to ship less!
- Shipping early: getting feedback as early as possible even if the project/feature isn’t 100% there
- Iterating and improving: once you got the feedback and there is a need for it, go back and improve the v1
- Taking ownership: owning the code you shipped as you are the expert and knows best
- Driving revenue: at the end of the day we are here to make the company a successful business.
- Operating and supporting mission critical services in our cloud environment
- Working closely with Engineering teams to help implement the right process and infrastructure to be successful and efficient
- Improving infrastructure tooling and suggesting/researching best practices across the platform
- Participating in long term planning for infrastructure and process improvements to support company growth
The person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Innately curious: you enjoy researching to find the best solution to the problem at hand
- Service oriented: your passion for helping others be successful is at the core of what motivates you
- A leader: you take initiative and ship things quickly
The qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- 2+ years of experience with one of the major cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Strong Linux background (3+ years experience)
- Expert level knowledge with Docker
- Experience with a configuration management system (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Proven track record with monitoring systems at scale
- Experience mentoring others, including code review. You love to contribute your knowledge and you know this is how good teams become great
- Understanding how small changes can affect the entire network and the ability to look at the big picture
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
- Have the necessary conditions to work remotely.
Bonus points if you bring these to the table:
- Knowledge and familiarity with Hashicorp tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- Experience with Postgres and implementing CD at scale
- Experience with orchestration tools (Nomad, Kubernetes, ECS)
EEO Statement (from the customer in the US):
The customer is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses, and lifestyles. At their core, they care about their people and encourage every employee, partner, and applicant to share their whole self with us. They are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints and believe that their ability to help short-term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team.
- The work is remote, full-time
- If you are in Chile, permanent contract. In the other countries it will be a service contract against fees
- Candidate's local business hours with flexibility to coordinate with offices in Chicago and San Francisco (today is GMT-5 and GMT-7, respectively)