For a Chilean consulting company, we are looking for Back-end Developer with experience in Django, to join teams that serve one of their clients in the US.
The Engineering team believes in:
- Reducing scope: the best way to ship more stuff is to ship less!
- Shipping early: getting feedback as early as possible even if the project/feature isn’t 100% there
- Iterating and improving: once you got the feedback and there is a need for it, go back and improve the v1
- Taking ownership: owning the code you shipped as you are the expert and knows best
- Driving revenue: at the end of the day we are here to make the company a successful business.
- Work closely with Front-end Engineering, Product, and Design teams to create new features and internal tools.
- Develop and maintain back-end services, which will be consumed by mobile and web applications, among others.
- Support a SaaS based customer-facing product.
- Improve back-end tooling, and best practices for back-end development. They are still a relatively small team, they need people with opinions that want to make a change.
- See a product from conception to market. Working closely with product and contributing to the feedback loop is a key for this role.
The qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- 3+ years of experience with Django, PostgreSQL.
- Experience developing web services, ideally, REST API.
- Experience using JWT.
- Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written).
- Have the necessary conditions to work remotely.
EEO Statement (from the customer in the US):
The customer is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses, and lifestyles. At their core, they care about their people and encourage every employee, partner, and applicant to share their whole self with us. They are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints and believe that their ability to help short-term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team.
- The work is remote, full-time
- If you are in Chile, permanent contract. In the other countries it will be a service contract against fees
- Candidate's local business hours with flexibility to coordinate with offices in Chicago and San Francisco (today is GMT-5 and GMT-7, respectively)