For Synopsys Chile, we are looking for Applications Engineer. At Synopsys, you’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And they’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share their passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Their Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips—faster. They’re the world’s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And they design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. They enable their customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
We’re looking for an Applications Engineer to join their team. Responsibilities include providing technical support to field specialists and support center.
Major tasks involve:
- Support of new and existing products within synthesis-related tools.
- Daily interaction with product development R&D, and field support.
- Works on key customer issues and may work across product teams with other products such as IC Compiler, Prime Time, Power Compiler, Test Solutions products etc.
- Writes and reviews design flow and methodology specifications, and requirement specifications.
- Develops test plans and test cases and executes on the test plans at the functional level.
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- The ideal candidate understands the basic overall functional chip design process, is proficient with UNIX, RTL(Verilog/VHDL) and has a working knowledge of the ASIC design flow and/or CAD engineering combined with synthesis and design methods.
- Must have working knowledge of scripting languages, i.e. Python, Perl, Tcl, etc.
- Must have strong problem solving, debug and analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills required (written, oral and presentation).
- Some travel may apply.
- Requires a minimum of 2-4 years related experience.
- Knowledge of some EDA tool products and product knowledge in the area of synthesis, verification, scan and physical design is preferred.
- Indefinite contract.
- A very pleasant and professionally challenging environment, with standards of leading US companies.
- For now, this job is remote. Later, it will be at its offices located in Vitacura, Santiago.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to them. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.