For Synopsys Chile, we are looking for an Application Support Engineer, who will be a member of the Product Applications Engineering team for Synopsys synthesis products. Responsibilities include providing technical support to field specialists and support center.
Major tasks involve:
- Support of new and existing products within synthesis-related tools.
- Daily interaction with product development R&D, and field support.
- Works on key customer issues and may work across product teams with other products such as IC Compiler, Prime Time, Power Compiler, Test Solutions products etc.
- Writes and reviews design flow and methodology specifications, and requirement specifications.
- Develops test plans and test cases and executes on the test plans at the functional level.
- BS/MS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering.
- The ideal candidate understands the basic overall functional chip design process, is proficient with UNIX, RTL(Verilog/VHDL) and has a working knowledge of the ASIC design flow and/or CAD engineering combined with synthesis and design methods.
- Must have working knowledge of scripting languages, i.e. Python, Perl, Tcl, etc.
- Must have strong problem solving, debug and analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills required (written and oral).
- Some travel may apply.
- Requires a minimum of 2-4 years related experience.
- Knowledge of some EDA tool products and product knowledge in the area of synthesis, verification, scan and physical design is preferred.
- Indefinite contract.
- A very pleasant and professionally challenging environment, with standards of leading US companies.
- For now, this job is remote. Later, it will be at its offices located in Vitacura, Santiago.
If you are interested then please send your resume in English.